Whispering Pines Cowboy Committee Newsletter
April 3, 2011
Mac Traven, Bonnie Lass, Black Jack Spencer, T.W. Reynolds, Oakden "Mustang" Trexlar, Cherokee, by Phone, Buck Johnson and Windfall Heart.
We held a meeting instead of a shoot due to impassable conditions to enter the shooting range. It took Mac Traven 15 minutes to drive the driveway with a 4 wheel-drive vehicle on Saturday.
We will be making new badges for the three days shoot as we have not gotten information from our previous badge maker. Each badge will cost the club $2. It is part of the shooter’s paid price.
We decided to add a big bore and derringer using stage to each match so we can use them if you have them. Derringer scenarios will always have the derringer off the clock and it will be a bonus if done. The stage with the big bore, will have one shot that you may shoot with a big bore rifle or single load your main match rifle, it will be on the clock for everyone, and it will be a bonus. These will not be used during the Ambush at Hickory Ridge.
We have been collecting Prizes for the Ambush at Hickory Ride. We have received prizes from Hornaday, Crazy Crow Trading Post, Henry Repeating Arms, Jaxson Bilt Hat Company, Dixie Gun Works, Lee Precision, Inc., Mac Traven, Rim Rock Bullets, Aravaipa Al, and Black Jack Spencer!! Thanks to all for your contributions to the prize chest!!
Whispering Pines Cowboy Committee had 4 gun belts with holsters donated to raise money for the club. Thank-you, Tony Ringo! One has already been sold. Three are left!! Please consider buying one to help the club.
The gun belts are slightly used but for the most part no more than broken in.
The particulars of the remaining three are:
- Gunfighter rig – 2 strong side holsters, no bullet loops, Made by Black Hills Leather, asking $150.
- Right hand strong side and crossdraw Gene DeSantis Holsters and El Paso Saddlery belt with .45 cal. loops , asking $125.
- Right hand Gene DeSantis holster, on an unidentified belt with .45 cal. loops asking $100.
Mac Traven has the following items for sale:
Black Buscadaro Belt Holster, .38. 357 cal., $15
Brown Leather gun belt, no ammo loops, and $10
Tonto Rim, tan button down riding skirt, size 16Tall,new, never worn $40 obo.
For more information contact Mac Traven at (570) 723-8885.
Guns for Sale
Please contact sellers regarding the guns. Whispering Pines Cowboy Committee is not responsible for gun sales.
1897 Winchester Pump asking $350 for more information call Barry Mahosky at 1-570-787-7532.
Navy Arms 1866 Yellow Boy .38 special $500 Firm Call Mac Traven 1-570-723-8885
We have DVD’s of us being on T.V.
Ken Van Sant of Van Sant Productions was at the 2009 three day match and videod people who were in attendance for a 30 minute video that he put on the air on local channel 13. Ken Van Sant has given a couple of copies of the video to use for loan purposes.
If you would like to borrow a DVD to view, please contact Mac Traven or Bonnie Lass at 570-723-8885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Area Events
- North Mountain Shoot Out XII , SASS Pennsylvania State Championship May 27-29, 2011 Hosted by El Posse Grande for more infornation contact Black Hills Barb at
- Smoke on the Ridge, SASS PA State Black Powder Championship Sunday, July 17, 2011, Hosted by Perry Couty Regulators for more information contact Snappy Lady @ 717-789-3893 or email her at:
If your club has an event that you want published please contact Bonnie Lass email@example.com or call 570-723-8885.
Ambush At Hickory Ridge
The Ambush at Hickory Ridge will be August 5, 6, and 7, 2011 Please register to make sure that you have a spot!
We will be doing a Clint Eastwood Movie theme for the 12th Annual Ambush at Hickory Ridge. If you have a specific scene or movie you want to have in the Ambush let Bonnie or Mac know. We will be looking at the following movies for ideas at the moment: Fist Full of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, Jose Wales, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Pale Rider and Unforgiven.
Jeremiah Longknife has offered to teach a shooting course to help shooters improve their shooting. He is willing to donate his time. The club will charge $5 for each shooter taking the course, the money will stay with the club. If you are interested in shooting this course please let Bonnie Lass know by July 1st so that we can prepare the range for the number of shooters taking the course.
Prizes for the 12th Ambush at Hickory Ridge
The following people and companies have donated the following prizes:
- 3-30% off gift certificates from Hornaday. Thanks, Hornaday!
- 1-30% off gift certificate from Crazy Crow Trading Post. Thanks, Crazy Crow Trading Post!
- 1 campfire mug and 1 Henry cap from Henry Repeating Firearms. Thanks, Henry Repeating Firearms!
- 1- FREE Hat (Palm Leaf)Trough Tough from Jaxson Bilt Hat Company, Thanks, Jaxson Bilt Hat Co.!
- 1 Dixie Gun Works catalog with $10 gift certificate. Thanks, Dixie Gun Works!
- 1 catalog with Modern Reloading Second Edition. Thanks, Lee Precision, Inc!
- 2 universal handgun cleaning kits. Thanks, Mac Traven!
- Midway USA Brand Tumbler with Bucket and media seperator. Thanks, Aravaipa Al!
- 20 Ultramax 38-55 245 grain RNFP , Thanks, Black Jack Spencer!
- 100 38-357 RNFP, 100 38-357 TC, 100 45LC 250 gr.,100 45 LC 200gr.,100 45 ACP 230gr. RN Thanks, Rim Rock Bullets, Inc!
Please contact Bonnie Lass firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-723-8885 if you have company or organization you would like to see if a prize could be donated.
We would like you to get your local merchants involved in sponsoring our club. If you have anyone you wish would offer a gift certificate or prize, please contact them or if you are shy, contact Bonnie Lass with the information (address and or phone number) and she will beg for you.
Next Shoot is May 1, 2011
I am planning on shooting in May. We will be shooting on May 1, 2011.
Mac Traven will be setting up to shoot on Saturday, April 30, 2011. If you could come and help it will give you a chance to practice the scenarios. Call (570) 723-8885 to find out what time we will be setting up.
We will meet at the range at 9:00 for the safety meeting and start shooting at 9:30. Please bring a lunch.
If you need directions call 723-8885. Or email email@example.com Thank-you for your interest in your club!!
We are trying to keep down the cost of postage, if you have email please send it so that we can email your newsletter. Thank-you for your co-operation!! To all who have given us their email address, Thank-you!!!!